MiRus is hiring Medical Device Engineers with Orthopaedic Experience, all levels, focused on Spine, Extremities and Trauma. At least 3 years direct experience required. MiRus, LLC is the fastest growing spine and orthopedics company with over eight (8) 510k clearances within the last 9 months. Following the introduction of our MoRe proprietary alloy, Spinal Alignment Surgical Navigation Platform, World’s Smallest Pedicle Screw System, and the World’s Thinnest Cervical Plate, MiRus is continuing to expand our engineering team.
We are seeking experienced Mechanical or Biomedical Engineer for our development team. At MiRus you are only limited by yourself. Our engineers are given responsibility to independently manage development projects working directly with senior management to drive the growth of the company.
If you are looking for growth opportunity, a challenge and to be part of a company that is setting a new standard for medical devices, MiRus is for you.
Key responsibilities include:
Works independently in a R&D environment in support of MiRus’ Quality Mission, and in compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Work Instructions.
- Collaborate with internal teams, design surgeons, and manufacturers to establish necessary design inputs, uphold project plans, and achieve project objectives.
- Work with suppliers and other vendors on technical issues, ensuring engineering designs and product standards are maintained throughout the manufacturing process
- Coordinates product validation cadaver labs with design surgeons and product marketing team
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes projects according to project requirements.
- Ensures compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Manages all aspects of technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test issues.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares detailed project reports and help manage product pipeline.
- B. S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 7-10 years design engineering experience in spine, foot & ankle, or trauma
- Strong background in medical device industry
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal & presentation skills
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
% Travel Required: <10%
Employee Type: Full-time
We are located in ATLANTA GA (relocation required), offer competitor compensation, full benefits, and company equity.