MiRus is a privately held medical device company focusing on the design and manufacturing of cardiovascular, orthopedic, and spinal systems based on innovative designs making use of proprietary technologies. The company is experiencing rapid growth in the orthopedic and spinal areas while bringing new technologies to the cardiovascular space. The company provides opportunity for advancement and professional growth, as there is a high level of visibility to all roles within the organization with a high level of recognition for your contributions.
The Quality Technician/Inspector is responsible for conducting testing procedures during manufacturing processes to ensure that products comply with quality standards and meet company requirements. This position uses metrology concepts, problem solving, and continuous improvement techniques to provide functional support for new product development and product line support
- Perform incoming/receiving, in-process and final inspections of all products per established SOP requirements and specifications.
- Perform inspections using an automated Micro-Vu measurement system.
- Conduct analyses of raw materials, in-process materials, finished goods and environmental samples, checking for quality and that they meet necessary specifications.
- Create, organize, maintain, and secure inspection records to provide for good documentation practices and efficient retrieval.
- Assist in preparing and developing inspection plan instructions and procedures.
- Generate nonconforming reports (NCRs) and facilitate processing them in a timely manner.
- Participate in internal audits as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Quality Management.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification; or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience inspecting and testing components and fabricated parts, sub-assemblies, product assemblies, and finished devices; preferably in the medical device or a heavily regulated industry.
- Proficiency using microscopes, vision system (Micro-Vu experience preferred), and conventional handheld inspection tools (e.g., calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, etc.), tensile testers (Instron type), torque testers, and other related tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Assertive, take-charge, results orientated, positive “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Highly detailed orientated with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis.
- Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (timely, clear, concise, accurate, conclusive, influential, targeted to audience)
- Strong collaboration and influence skills (build relationships, leverage others, align and work towards shared outcome-based goals, understand others’ needs, negotiate for win-win, own the whole)
- ASQ, CQT, CQI Certification preferred, but not required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Employee Type: Full-time